Terms and Conditions
- These Conditions shall be incorporated into all contracts between Hawkes Technical Ltd
(“the Company”) and any person, firm or Company (“the Customer”) for the supply by the Company of goods to the Customer. The Company contracts upon the terms of these Conditions only and any printed or other standard terms emanating from the Customer shall be excluded, but even if incorporated shall be treated as of no effect, and in any event the terms of these Conditions shall prevail. All goods tendered by the Company are tendered on the terms of these Conditions above and acceptance of delivery by the Customer shall be an acceptance of these Conditions.
- Payment shall be made within 30 days of delivery and interest shall accrue at the rate of 1 per cent per month calculated from day to day on all amounts outstanding. In the event of failure to pay in due time the Company may suspend deliveries under the order and/or any other order with the Customer.
- The Property in any goods shall remain vested in the Company until all goods supplied under the particular order have been paid for. If any goods are resold by the Customer the Company shall be entitled to receive any monies due under the order from the Customer or from the Purchaser out of the resale price and shall be entitled to a charge on any fund into which such price may have been paid. But the goods shall be at the Customer’s risk from leaving the Company premises.
- Quotations are open for acceptance up to 30 days from the their date unless otherwise stated or they are earlier withdrawn or modified or the Company agrees to later acceptance
- DELIVERY DATES. The Company will endeavour to meet any delivery date quoted. But failure to meet any delivery date shall not in any circumstances give right to any liability on the part of the Company, and shall not entitle the Customer to cancel the contract save where there has been a delay in delivery of 3 months or more
- DELIVERY. Goods shall be deemed to have been fully and correctly delivered in sound condition unless the Company is otherwise notified in writing within 7 days of the date of despatch as indicated by the Company’s invoice.
- ACCEPTANCE. Goods shall be deemed to be accepted unless they are rejected within7 days of delivery, and shall also be deemed to be fully in accordance with the contract unless written complaint is despatched to the Company within 7 days of delivery.
- LIABILITY. The Company’s liability arising in respect of any contract shall be limited to the contract price for the particular goods in respect of which the liability arises. In no circumstances whatsoever shall the Company be liable to the Customer for any loss of profit or for any loss for which the Customer may be liable to any third party. This Clause and Clause 7 above shall not apply to any liability arising under Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 amended.
(a) The Company may cancel or suspend the contract without liability on its part in the
event of its performance being affected by industrial action, unavailability of equipment
or material or any other cause beyond its reasonable control and in so far as its
performance is so affected the Company shall not in any event be liable for any failure on
their part to perform.
If the Customer fails to comply with any term of the contract, or if a company, have a winding-up Petition presented against it or commence winding-up or have a receiver or Manager appointed, or if a person commit any act of bankruptcy or enter any composition with Creditors, or in any case, suffer any execution to be levied, the Company may cancel the contract (and pending cancellation are discharged from further perfornance until in the case of failure to comply, the default is rectified) and may charge the Customer with all costs and expenses and overheads incurred in connection with the contract together with loss or profit, and all sums due to the Company shall become payable immediately.
- LAW. All contracts with the Company shall be governed by English Law.
Hawkes Technical Ltd
Tel: + 44 (0)1933 622492
Fax: +44 (0)1933 624092
Registered in England.
Company start date: 1975
Company Registration Number: 1228132
VAT No: GB765348501
Mr A G Underwood – Chairman
Mr D R Barritt – Director
Miss S Underwood – Managing Director